Career Choices Program
This is our core program using the holistic, narrative approach that helps you answer the “What now?” and “How do I get there?” questions.
- Discover what you’re really excited about
- Make choices aligned with what really matters
- Take your desire for purpose and meaning seriously, and become inspired in your own life and career
- Generate possibilities and uncover buried ideas
- Learn how to research possibilities and careers you’re curious about
- Prioritize and evaluate career possibilities relative to your desires
This is a 6 session one-on-one program completed over a period of 2 – 3 months.
Return to Work Program
Whether you have been busy acquiring academic credentials, raising a family, travelling or trying out early retirement this program is for individuals ready to re-enter the workforce after an extended absence.
- Learn strategies to make the career exploration process easier and more effective
- Evaluate career possibilities relative to who your are – your desires, strengths, personal qualities, assets
- Authentically communicate without ‘marketing’ yourself
- Completed “Career Statement” which acts like a compass in your Intentional Exploration process
- Tailored Possibilities Plan for your high priority possibilities
- Increased Effectiveness – Use your time, your contacts and your Career Statement to find the “fit” for you.
This is an 8 session one-on-one program completed over a period of 3+ months.
“Before working with Carol I was lost, and felt overwhelmed with the number of possibilities that I thought I wanted to pursue with my career. I was having really a hard time trying to focus on where I saw myself in 6 months, or 5 years down the road. I was frustrated, and nervous about the future.
While working with Carol I began to see my past life and job experiences in a way I had never thought to see them. Carol’s coaching revealed hidden wants and desires from these experiences, and helped me to focus on what worked for me in previous jobs, and most importantly what didn’t. This opened my eyes to a world of possibilities that I hadn’t realized before and really narrowed my focus to exactly what I wanted and needed in a future job and career. The best part about working with Carol was that nothing was forced; she guided me to draw my own conclusions about my past and where I saw myself heading in the future.
Now that we have finished our sessions I feel a sense of focus that was missing from my life before starting my coaching with Carol. I have a better perspective on where I see myself in the next 5 or 10 years down the road, and realize there are certain things that I need from a job or career in order to feel motivated, happy, and fulfilled. Carol’s coaching gave me more confidence and taught me how to make a plan. I would highly recommend Carol to anyone unsure of what comes next in life and truly believe that if you invest yourself fully in the process and follow Carol’s guidance, you will find clarity, and a better understanding of what you need from a career and life in general.”
Producer at CBC News Network
“I signed up for Carol’s coaching sessions as a means to gain clarity and purpose in the challenging process of making a career change. I was feeling stuck and having difficulty seeing how my skills could transfer to a new job that is in line with my interests and priorities. Carol helped me realized that I have a lot of natural talents that can be applied to a wide variety of careers. She helped me reconnect with my confidence. Her sessions put me back in touch with feeling worthy and self-assured in what I have to offer.
Carol also reawakened me to the fact that there are a lot of opportunities out there. The key is to be open and welcome to the idea of change and the work that goes into that. I feel much more equipped to handle the process that is required and the personal evolution that will come from it.”